Copyright and Fair Use in a Digital Learning Environment
Developed by: Trelisa Glazatov, M.Ed, Ed.S, Instructional Technology Specialist
Welcome to the Copyright and Fair Use Workshop The workshop offers information and best practices to determine appropriate use of copyrighted material. Learning Objectives: Learners will be able to
- Classify copyright, trademark, and patent works.
- Classify appropriate copyright limitations
- Explain or predict probably outcomes of different scenarios based on fair use standards
- Identify attribution elements for copyrighted material
- Employ a general process of determining how to use copyrighted work in an academic setting.
If you have questions or concerns about the copyright status of material, please contact your campus’ library for further assistance. For specific legal questions or concerns, please contact your campus’ general counsel.
This workshop is designed to be completed on any mobile device with an internet connection. To begin the workshop click the link below. At the end of the workshop you will be prompted to enter your name and email so your completion of the workshop is recorded. Trelisa will send you an email confirmation so you have a record of your completed workshop. Make sure you also complete the workshop survey to provide us will valuable input on how we can continue to improve our workshops. Thanks!!! Tre